Saturday, July 26, 2008

One more day

I'm going to combine Fridays and Saturdays status on Lilly because not much has changed. Lilly is beginning to act more and more like a baby. She has been extremely fussy, mainly because she just wants to be picked up and fed. It's really hard right now because when she starts to cry I just want to pick her up and cuddle her to make her feel better.
We received her brain and renal (kidney) scans back and both came back normal, which we are extremely relieved about. The kidney scan tests to make sure they are functioning well and formed normally. The brain scan does not test for brain activity, but tests for strokes, bleeding on the brain, etc. To help calm Lilly down throughout the day we brought her some music to play so that she does not have to listen to the beeping all day long. I was telling Charlie that we are going to have to find a beeping machine to play when we get home so that she'll fall asleep. She loves the music, especially when her mommy and daddy sing to her along with it. The nurses say that she keeps fussing, but right now we cannot do much but wait for the surgery. Today the only thing that was different in her condition is that the central line in her femoral artery began to leak, so the doctors had to "re-wire" it. To do this she was on a partial sedative. She woke up later in a mad rage because I think she realized she was hungry again. Mommy and daddy came in to save the day and we helped her fall asleep again. We also found that she really likes sugar water. This is something the nurses dip pacifiers in the help calm Lilly down. God is really helping us stay strong for Lilly. I thank everyone for their prayers and help again. I want to thank those that have been providing us with a place to stay and meals for me and my family through this tough time. We now have one more day until her surgery and are patiently waiting. Until tomorrow...











1 comment:

Shannon said...

Michele,

I'm continuing to pray for Lilly and your family. I'm glad to hear she is getting stronger each day. I am praying that the surgery goes well. (((HUGS)))

Shannon (Tina's friend - a twin mom)